Flickonic respects the privacy of our users. Ensuring that you understand what personal information is gathered and how it is used is of paramount importance to us.
What information do we collect and How?
We collect personal information from you when you use our app, visit our site, subscribe to our newsletter, respond to a survey or fill out a form.
Account Information. All features of the Service may require you to create a user account (an “Account”). If you create an Account with us, you may be asked to provide information such as your name, date of birth, gender, username, password, email address, and photo.
User Content. Among other features, the Service will allow you to view, create, display, perform and share certain content to various Social Networks. Other features of the Service allow you to submit content, which includes videos, audio, images, graphics, written posts, comments and other forms of multimedia (collectively, “User Content”). In addition, your User Content is posted and transmitted at your own risk. We cannot control the actions of other users of the Service with whom you choose to share User Content. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Content will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Technical Usage Information. When you use the Service we will automatically collect information sent to us by your computer, mobile phone, or other device. This information includes: your device, web browser, IP address, operating system, and potentially also your geolocation and time zone.
Information from Surveys. If you choose to participate in our surveys, in addition to your survey responses, we will also collect your IP Address.
Newsletters When registering for our newsletters you will be asked to enter your name and email address. Your subscription preferences will be saved in order to ensure proper delivery of the newsletter(s) you wish to receive.
Note: If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include clear unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email.
Communications. When you contact us or we contact you, we collect any information that you provide, including the contents of the messages or attachments you send us.
What do we use your information for?
In order to customize and improve your experience on Flickonic’s website, app and services to your personal interests, the data we receive will be used in the following ways:
- To operate and maintain the website;
- To send you promotional information, such as newsletters. Each email newsletter will provide information on how to opt-out of future mailings by unsubscribing;
- To respond to your comments or inquiries;
- To provide you with user support;
- To track and measure website and app performance;
- To review the effectiveness of our marketing programs and analyze other general demographic trends;
- To register and service your Account;
- To secure your Account and prevent fraud;
- For our internal records, tracking and lawful business purposes;
- To enable you to provide feedback to us;
- To enable you to participate in surveys regarding your user experience and viewing interests;
- To provide to you and communicate administrative emails, confirmation emails, technical notices, updates on policies, or security alerts;
- To customize and optimize the content you receive when you use the Service;
- To improve and monetize the Service, which may include tracking traffic, usage, trends and navigation patterns related to your activities on the Service and appending third-party aggregated data to your information;
- To protect our or third-party rights or interests, including to enforce our Terms of Service;
- To respond to subpoenas, court orders or legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims;
- To prevent fraud or other illegal activity, to prevent imminent bodily harm, or to protect ourselves and you from people violating our Terms of Service, which may include sharing information with other companies, lawyers, courts or other government entities;
- In any other way we describe when you provide the information; and
- For any other purpose with your prior consent.
Do we share your information?
Yes. We share your personal data with third parties who process your data on our behalf when they provide services to us, for example data analytics, ad serving networks, and our email marketing service.
We may potentially be required by law to disclose or share your personal data without your consent in some circumstances, for example to comply with a court order or law enforcement.
How do we protect your information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you enter, submit, or access your personal information.
We offer the use of a secure server. All supplied sensitive information is stored in a database, only to be accessible by Flickonic employees and third party services authorized with special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information secure and confidential.
Yes (Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computer’s hard drive through your Web browser (if you allow) that enables the sites or service providers systems to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information.
You can prevent Google Analytics from recognizing you on return visits to this site by disabling cookies on your browser.
Our cookies do not contain personal information or link to you as an individual.
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Is your information visible to the public?
If you create a user profile on Flickonic, certain information may be publicly visible.
Flickonic is strongly opposed to spam. We will only send email to users that have explicitly requested to receive an email from Flickonic. Examples may include:
- Opt-in subscribers to the Flickonic
- Users that complete a contact form
- All communication will be related and relevant to what you have requested.
Third-party cookies and personalized ads
If ad personalization is enabled in your Google account, your information will be used to determine what ads are being served to you, ensuring that they are relevant and timely. However, if ad personalization is disabled, Google will not collect or use your information to serve you personalized ads. You will still see ads but they will not be customized for you.
We encourage you to visit Google directly to learn more about Ad Personalization and how you can control the use of your personal information through your Google account.
Our Policy Towards Children
This Service is not intended for children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from anyone under the age of 13 or knowingly allow such persons to register an Account. Children under the age of 13 should not use the Service or access the Service at any time.
Your California Privacy Rights
Sharing for Direct Marketing
- A California resident who has provided personal information to a business with whom he/she has established a business relationship for personal, family, or household purposes (“California customer”) is entitled to request information about whether the business has disclosed personal information to any third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. In general, if the business has made such a disclosure of personal information, upon receipt of a request by a California customer, the business is required to provide a list of all third parties to whom personal information was disclosed in the preceding calendar year, as well as a list of the categories of personal information that were disclosed.
- California customers may request further information about our compliance with this law by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that we are only required to respond to one request per customer each year, and we are not required to respond to requests made by means other than through this email address.
California Consumer Privacy Act
- Right to know what personal information we collect. You have the right to request details on the specific personal information we’ve collected about you. You can request a copy of your data by emailing email@example.com
- Right to know who we share your data with. We do not sell your data, but we do share your information with others for legitimate business purposes. For example, we use service providers to store and host your data.
- Right to deletion. You have the right to request deletion of your data, unless an exception applies. Examples of exceptions include when we need to keep data to meet legal obligations, detect fraud, investigate reports of abuse or other Terms of Service violations, or fix security issues. Once we’ve verified your request, we’ll delete your personal information (unless an exception applies) and will direct our service providers to do the same.
- Get a timely response. You have the right to make two free requests in any 12-month period. We will respond to your request within 45 days, and in more difficult cases we may extend our response time by another 45 days. Our support team is pretty great, so they tend to respond a lot quicker. The easiest way to get information is by following the instructions above, but you can also email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Non-Discrimination. It goes without saying, but we will not hold it against you when you exercise any of your rights. In fact, we encourage you to review your privacy settings closely and reach out to us with your questions.
We may collect your personal information from, transfer it to, and store and process it in the United States and other countries outside of where you live. Whenever we share information of European Union (“EU”) users outside the EU, we make sure an adequate transfer mechanism is in place.
Your EEA Privacy Rights
If you are located in the EEA you may have certain rights under the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) as set out below.
- Access and Portability: You have the right to ask us to access the personal information we hold about you and be provided with certain information about how we use your information and who we share it with. Where you have provided your personal information to us on the basis of our contract with you or on the basis of your consent, you have the right to ask us for a copy of this information in a structured, machine readable format and to ask us to share (port) this data to another data controller.
- Right to deletion: In certain circumstances, you have the right to ask us to delete the personal information we hold about you:
- where you believe that it is no longer necessary for us to hold your information;
- where we are processing your information on the basis of legitimate interests and you object to such processing and we cannot demonstrate an overriding legitimate ground for the processing;
- where you have provided your information to us with your consent and you wish to withdraw your consent and there is no other ground under which we can process your information; or
- where you believe the personal information we hold about you is being unlawfully processed by us.
- Restriction: In certain circumstances, you have the right to ask us to restrict (stop any active) processing of your personal information:
- where you believe the information we hold about you is inaccurate and while we verify accuracy;
- where we want to erase your information as the processing is unlawful but you want us to continue to store it;
- where we no longer need your information for the purposes of our processing but you require us to retain the data for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims; or
- where you have objected to us processing your information based on our legitimate interests and we are considering your objection.
- In addition, you can object to our processing of your personal information based on our legitimate interests and we will no longer process your personal data unless we can demonstrate an overriding legitimate ground.
- At any time you have the right to object to our processing of information about you in order to send you marketing, including where we build profiles for such purposes, and we will stop processing the data for that purpose.
- To exercise any of these rights above, please contact us at email@example.com.
- Please note that these rights are limited, for example, where fulfilling your request would adversely affect other individuals where there are overriding public interest reasons or where we are required by law to retain your personal data.
By using our site, you consent to our Terms of Service.
201 Spear Street, Suite 1100
San Francisco, California